This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for (www.vincidigital.com). This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contacts from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Our Process and Disclaimers
- All Contact Information, (i.e., address, phone, email accounts, phone, etc) will be provided by the client.
- Client will provide all resources in an electronic format, including graphics, content, and a flowchart for site navigation. If you only have HARD COPY pictures, we will scan them for you at the cost of $5.00 per picture.
- Client can provide hard copies of photographs or other materials which will be returned to them, intact, once they are no longer needed for production.
- We retain all rights to unflattened or RAW materials created during the project without exception, unless a special request or agreement has been made during project preparation or prior to the project start. The Client retains ownership over the finished, published design as well as any material(s) provided to us during the project build out
- All page content should be proofread and spell checked by the client to insure content is 100% accurate before adding into the website. We are not responsible for your spelling or grammatical errors.
- Using the client’s guidelines, our designer’s use their discretion coming up with a suitable design based on the client specifications. The more specific the client is the more precise the design will be. However this is not an exact science. Costs incurred for design work submitted is non-refundable.
- Only the FINAL chosen design is property of the client. Any alternate versions remain property of Vinci Digital and will not be released to the client unless an agreement is made prior to the project start date. This final design is also not released to the customer until the project is paid in full.
- If stock photography must be purchased, the client will be held responsible for incurring this as an additional cost of $45.00 per image.
- If stock video must be purchased, the client will be held responsible for incurring this as an additional cost of $150.00 per video.
- If we already possess the stock images, and the client requests their use in the design, we have the right to charge a fee of $25.00 for each stock photo used, in addition to the base cost of the site.
- Errors found on our part are free up to 1 month after a website is launched. After that time maintenance is billable on the 1/4 hour (after the first 30 minutes) or via monthly maintenance plan. Errors and fixes include: repairing, revising, or adjusting the site coding if found faulty. This 30-day Grace Period does not cover revising the design you approved or making additional design adjustment requests. Regardless of when those requests are made. if you ask for design changes after signing off and approving something than it is billable in addition to the cost of the project.
- Standard website projects have a timeline for completion of 20-30 business days. Any delays in communication will delay the completion date. There should be a reasonable expectation that if revisions are delayed or will take a significant amount of time, the completion date will be delayed as well. Timelines are tentative at best.
- Standard website project costs abide by a maximum 3-month project timeline. If the project extends further, additional time and resources needed to complete the project will be billed separately and in addition to any payment plan previously established or monies already paid.
Change Management Process
- The Timeline provided to the client will be “per phase” of the project for larger projects and an approximated timeline for small projects with NO “approval stages” (i.e. points at which the work is submitted to the customer for approval before moving onto the next part of the project). The estimated timeline is contingent upon no delays from the customer providing requested resources, feedback, or payments. If any customer delays occur we will not be held liable for the delay and the timeline will change automatically.
- Any project changes must be submitted to and approved by the lead project manager for your account.
- Any technical questions should be addressed to the project manager.
- Once the project is underway, if there are any major structural or graphical changes, or significant scope creep (i.e. project grows beyond initial specifications and functionality), the project will be sent back to the project manager for review. At that time, our project lead will assess whether additional costs are needed to cover the new requests.
Professional Services Agreement
- All RAW files created by Vinci Digital Marketing LLC while creating any project are property of Vinci Digital Marketing LLC. We retain the rights at all times unless a release of raw files is agreed upon in writing.
- Client has ownership only of: all artwork, content, and other materials provided to Vinci Digital prior to the project start or during the project and will retain ownership at all times.
- Vinci Digital retains all rights over work in progress until the project is paid in full or any other payment arrangement (which would release the rights) has been mutually agreed upon prior to completion. At that time the customer will have ownership rights over the published files. For websites that includes any files on the live server. For graphic design that includes any high res PDFs, TIFFs, or JPEG files.
- Vinci Digital has the right to alter the scope of work if deadlines or resources are significantly delayed by the client. We are also not held liable for missed deadlines due to customer delays with feedback, assets, or payments.
- The initial payment towards a project at the start is non-refundable once we have begun work on the project. Our typical payment terms for larger projects with milestones are 40% upfront, 30% at milestone 1 and 30% at beta launch of the project. For smaller projects we typically require 50% upfront and 50% upon completion or one lump sum payment. On large projects once we begin, the first installment is non-refundable. Your installment is not a “deposit”, but a payment towards work which is being performed.
- Scope of work may also be altered or reduced if the client does not wish to incur additional costs from the following: stock photography purchases, more than 3 graphic or content changes, major design or structural changes once the site is in production, scope creep, and/or time spent dealing with administrative or organizational duties of website construction and account management.
- Once a particular phase or stage of a project has been approved by the client and completed no further changes may be requested to the completed and approved work without incurring additional fees or hourly time accrued towards a final balance. We clearly indicate each stage or phase of every project and make sure the client is aware when one phase ends and is completed and when the next one begins. See Lifecyle of a Website Project notes if you want to learn more below.
- If a project is submitted for review and no response, reply, feedback, or acknowledgement of any kind is given within 30 days, the project will be considered final. All payments made towards the project will be forfeited and your payment will be considered payment in full for our time working with the project. Any contact or requests pertaining to the project after a 30 days will be considered NEW and BILLABLE, voiding any old contracts, payments or agreements. We will also send out several notifications of this 30 day warning when it is fast approaching.
Our Website Life Cycle
Here is a step-by-step guide to how we build websites
Note: A big question we often receive is, “When will my website be complete?” Timelines are subjective to customer approval a feedback during all phases of the project. Therefore, we do not give concrete timelines to completion beyond the current project phase due to the required interaction with the customer. Changes, modifications, and customer delays with approving a phase can ultimately delay a project considerably.Websites are built in a linear progression from start to finish. Each step requires proper completion of the step preceding it. Otherwise, there is no way to truly move step by step through a project without running into production problems, communication problems, or misunderstood expectations with a customer. All website projects will abide by this timeline without deviation.
The Life Cycle of Our Website Projects Go as Follows:
- Quote request received from customer. During this step we research the needs of our customer and identify a solution that will work best for them and is within our capability to provide.
- Project Awarded to Vinci Digital. Once the client accepts our proposal they will be sent a formal contract to sign (if they have not already received one). Upon receiving a signed and dated contract we initiate the project.
- Project Launch & Payment(s) Collected. After receiving the signed contract we issue the first invoice. Once the invoice is paid work will begin. The payment structure will vary depending on the client’s needs. Your first payment must be made prior to any design or development work starting. No progress or additional work will be done until this has been received. After receiving payment we begin compiling assets from the customer such as content, photos, final notes, requests, etc. We also run through our procedures and policies one last time so the customer understands implicitly how the process works.
- Phase I – Design begins. This includes 3 unique designs for the home page as well as one interior page design based off the final chosen home page design.If more designs are needed or requested prior to project start, the process would be the same we would simply add sign off steps for the additional design work. If the additional designs are requested and were not previously mentioned, discussed, or agreed to we will be required to increase the cost of the project to cover these requests. Included with both the home page design and interior page design we allow up to three rounds of changes. This means you can thoroughly review the design and submit all changes and revisions up to three times. If you take the time to carefully examine the design this will be more than enough to finalize the design. Additional rounds of changes requested are additional costs and billable based on time spent making changes.
- Design Approvals and Signoffs. Once signing off on a design, it is final. If you request further changes to the design after approval it will add to the cost of the website. This is the case for any design requiring sign-off. Approving designs only to make further changes later is like telling a home builder you now want the kitchen on the 3rd floor, instead of the 2nd floor, even though you approved the blueprints with the kitchen on the 2nd floor. Is it possible? Of course! But it will cost extra. If you are unsure what you should be reviewing when looking at a design we submit for approval, please take the time and review this handy guide in detail. You can click the image to view in another tab or download the guide as a PDF here.
- Phase II – Development begins. This is where actual construction of the site begins. We take the approved designs and create the actual functional website. We begin flowing in any content you have provided as well as any other media, stock photography, etc. We also thoroughly test the site for errors and omissions. If any additional billing needs to be added to the project such as additional time spent on more rounds of design changes (beyond the 3 rounds allowed), adding services such as copy writing or stock photography (and those were not previously requested as part of the initial project cost), these additional charges will be discussed and the total project cost amended.
- Phase III – Beta Testing begins. During this phase we provide a live website link for you to review. You are able to login to the site and play around a bit. You can test all the pages, make sure you do not see any errors, etc. We expect a thorough review and testing by you or your team to insure everything is exactly as you want it.
- Final Sign-off to go live. Once you give us approval to proceed and launch the site we will require one final sign-off to launch the website.
- Final Catch-up Payment Collected if necessary. Upon receiving your final sign off on the site and if you purchased additional services, or incurred additional charges during the design or development of your site due to extra work we performed outside the original scope of this agreement, we will create the final catch-up invoice to be paid prior to launching the website. This is non-negotiable and if you are paying monthly this cost will not be bundled into the monthly payments. It is a one-time fee that must be paid prior to launch. It is within our rights to withhold launching the website until this catch-up payment has been made (in addition to your regularly scheduled payments).
- Also, if you are on an alternative payment plan that requires payment in full prior to site launch (our traditional 40/30/30 plan) then your balance must be paid in full prior to releasing the site live. Until this happens your site will remain on our testing servers as you only acquire ownership rights after full payment is received.
- Website Goes Live. Once a website goes live we offer a 30-day window for our customers to identify any errors made on our part which we will promptly fix. Errors are functional problems with the website. If you neglected to request a design change prior to launch, this is not considered an error, it is billable since we will need to spend additional time and resources modifying your website. Any further requests for changes to the live site or errors found post 30 days will be billed at our current rates unless you have a Maintenance Contract in place.
- Additional On-Going Services begin. If you have signed up for additional services such as SEO, PPC, Web Maintenance, WP Support, Web Hosting, etc these services begin as soon as the website is launched live. Monthly and Annual services will be billed in conjunction with the original launch date.
Our Website Payment Options
Monthly Payment Plan
We offer the option to pay for your website over time. We can spread the entire cost of the website project over 12 equal payments. Payments will begin once your project is approved and ready to start.
Notes about our monthly payment plan:
- Your monthly payment plan is for a maximum of 12 payments.
- Most projects require a small upfront payment plus the first month’s payment at signing.
- You must use auto-pay to utilize this plan. This means the monthly cost of your site is auto-debited to a credit/debit card or a Paypal account on a monthly basis.
- If you stop payment, it is cancelled or does not process successfully your website will be immediately suspended including all additional services such as hosting, email, ftp access, etc. until payment is made.
- If your site goes past due for more than 30-days you will incur an additional re-activation fee to turn the website back on.
- Payment in full is required prior to receiving ownership rights. Even if the site is live, if you are still making payments towards the website balance, will not retain ownership rights until the agreed total price of the website is paid in full.
- Additional services or fees accrued during the website project that were not included in the original website price will be billed as a one-time catch-up payment which must be paid prior to launching the website. This cost cannot be bundled into your monthly payments and will be billed separately.
Note: This plan is only available to customers who host their website with us as well, due to the liability and risk involved with launching a site prior to being paid in full. We can also customize the payment plans if you wish to pay the balance off faster. For example, 3 or 6 months instead of 12.
Custom Payment Plan
Custom payment plans will be outlined and agreed upon by both parties prior to signing. If a monthly payment plan is not desired we often create a payment structure based on milestones of the project such as 40% due at signing, 30% due upon design approval and the final 30% due prior to launching live. Ask a Vinci Digital representative about customizing a plan for you.